I am researcher at ISC since the beginning of 2009 . My activity mainly concerns granular systems and non-equilibrium statistical mechanics, from Fluctuation-Dissipation theories to non-equilibrium stochastic processes. In recent years I, with my co-worker have obtained many new experimental and theoretical results.
For our main experimental results, please have a look to my home page.
For recent theoretical results in non-equilibrium statistical mechanics, here you can have a brief survey:
– studied in depth the generalization of FDT to non-equilibrium (stationary) systems, see this paper for a review.
– edited a book of contributions about Large Deviations theory in physics, see this book
– wrote a book on granular fluids, see this book
– generalized the Einstein relation (and other equilibrium FDT relations) to out-of-equilibrium fludiized granular systems, see this paper
– obtained a closed description of an intruder in a granular fluid, with memory and different temperatures, obtaining a verification of the Fluctuation theorem for the fluctuating entropy production due to the heat exchange between the intruder and the surrounding (coupled) fluid, see this paper.
– shown the existence of a ratchet-like phenomenon for asymmetric intruders in a granular fluid, see this paper;
– shown the existence of a non-equibrium correlation length in driven granular fluids, see this paper
– introduced a new model of driven Lorentz gas, see this paper
– shown the existence of an “H-theorem” for driven granular fluids, see this paper
– introduced a model for a small/finite time heat engine, see this paper
– introduced a lattice model for the evolution of the velocity field in a granular fluid, where a rigorous derivation of the hydrodynamic limit is possible, see this paper
For cv, list of publications and other information, please have a look to my home page.