- 2019 – present: staff researcher at the Institute for Complex Systems, CNR
- 2016 – 2018: Post-Doc at Scuola Superiore di Studi Avanzati (SISSA), Trieste, Italy
- 2009 – 2016: Post-Doc at the Institute for Complex Systems, CNR and Physics Department, University of Rome, “La Sapienza”
- 2007 – 2009: Post-Doc at the University of Karlsruhe, Karlsruhe, Germany
- July 2007: Ph.D. in Physics University of Pisa, Advisor: Prof. R. Fazio.
- June 2003: Master in Physics, University of Rome, “La Sapienza”, Advisors: Prof. L Pietronero, Dr. E. Cappelluti
– Quantum computing, optics and simulation in solid state materials and devices
– Relativistic and topological effects in disordered metals and strongly correlated materials
– Emergence of non-abelian geometric effects in solids and driven quantum systems
– Decoherence models, superconductivity and correlation
– Foundations of density functional theory (DFT) and development of new approaches for the description of strongly correlated systems
Selected recent publications
- L. Pilozzi and V. Brosco, Thouless pumping of light with a twist. Nat. Phys. 18, 968–969 (2022).
- H. G. Hamad, V. Brosco et al. Hybrid ferromagnetic transmon qubit: Circuit design, feasibility, and detection protocols for magnetic fluctuations, Phys. Rev B 105 214522 (2022).
- V. Brosco, L. Pilozzi, R. Fazio, and Claudio Conti, Non-abelian Thouless pumping of light in a photonic lattice, Phys. Rev. A 103, 063518 (2021)
- V. Brosco and M. Capone, Rashba-metal to Mott-insulator transition, Phys. Rev. B 101, 235149 (2020).
- A. Valli, A. Amaricci, V.Brosco, and M. Capone, Quantum Interference Assisted Spin Filtering in Graphene Nanoflakes, Nano Lett. 18, 2158 (2018)
- V. Brosco, L. Benfatto, E. Cappelluti, and C. Grimaldi, Unconventional dc Transport in Rashba Electron Gases, Phys. Rev. Lett. 116, 166602 (2016).